RYLA Code of Conduct
Students whose conduct is unbecoming at any time or who break any of the conference rules, at the discretion of the conference officials, will be dismissed from the conference and will be sent home at their expense.
- Students are to respect organizers, facilitators, speakers, and fellow students in the spirit of leadership and cooperation.
- Conference T-shirts and ID will be provided. Conference T-shirts must be worn at all times outlined on the schedule. Conference identification must be visible any time the student is not in their room.
- All attire must be respectful and reflective of your role as a future leader. (It should be clean-cut and non-promiscuous. We retain the right to determine the inappropriateness of any outfit and you will be asked to change immediately.)
- Participants are not permitted to have their own vehicle on campus. A family member or a member of the student’s local Rotary club must provide all transportation.
- Any student requiring the use of ANY medicine must have disclosed this need on the medical history & information form prior to attending the conference.
- No tobacco products, drugs or alcohol are allowed on campus premises.
- Students must be punctual to all scheduled events. Participation is a must.
- Students must remain on campus and at the scheduled location at all times throughout the entire conference. This means that students must be able to participate for the COMPLETE RYLA program. Exceptions will not be made.
- No male students are allowed on the women’s floors at any time. No female students are allowed on the men’s floors at any time.
- Visitors and guests will only be allowed during the closing events on Sunday afternoon.
- Students agree to honor all “lights-out” policies. Students will remain entirely in their rooms with the lights off during “lights-out”. Talking and noise should not be heard outside the students’ room during this time.
- A $25.00 charge will be assessed for all lost residence hall keys, payable by the Lessee to the University. Keys not returned by the designated check-out time, as stated in Part 1 of this agreement, will be considered lost.
- The Conference Officials have the discretion to terminate a student’s stay at any time should the need arise.
Statement of Conduct for Working with Youth
Rotary International strives to create and maintain a safe environment for all youth who participate in Rotary activities. To the best of their ability, Rotarians, Rotarians’ spouses and partners, and other volunteers must safeguard the children and young people they come into contact with and protect them from physical, sexual, and emotional abuse.
If you have questions that aren’t answered here, please Contact Us.