Customizing the Support Materials
Customize these files using your computer:
- OPEN the ".doc" file.
- REPLACE info in the highlighted areas with your club's information.
- Recommended: Select all text and change the text color to black, so that it doesn't look so much like a boilerplate.
- READ THROUGH the entire document to make sure you didn't miss anything.
- SAVE the doc.
- PRINT and distribute as appropriate.
NOTE: If you prefer, you can copy & paste the text onto your own Club Letterhead .doc file — just make sure to customize where indicated.
Customize these by computer/laptop, or by hand:
To customize by hand: (easier)
- PRINT the PDF file with blank form fields.
- FILL IN your club contact info in the pertinent areas, using a dark-colored pen or fine-tip marker. Make sure your written-in information is dark enough so that it will be readable on photocopies. (Pencil or light colored ink is NOT suitable.)
- Distribute (by hand, mail, or fax) to your local school/guidance counselor, or directly to students upon request.
To customize by computer or laptop: (more polished)
- LAUNCH Adobe Reader (version 8 or later) on your desktop or laptop computer.
IMPORTANT: You MUST use version 8 or later, and it MUST be Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat. Earlier versions of "Adobe", or other software such as "Preview" on Mac and "Chrome" browser on PC or Laptop, might allow you to OPEN the file, but you won't be able to customize anything and it probably won't print correctly.
- AFTER Adobe Reader is open on your computer, select OPEN from the file menu, locate the file, and open it.
- Click inside the editable fields* and FILL IN your club contact info.
*(NOTE: Only the CLUB INFO fields are editable. STUDENT INFO must be entered by hand on a printout.)
- SAVE the PDF file on your computer's hard drive.
- You may then PRINT a copy of your Customized PDF that you can distribute by hand --- or, you can EMAIL the Customized PDF to a school/guidance counselor or directly to students upon request.
Declare how many students you will sponsor. Submit your Reservation Form with payment no later than March 1.
Mail to the RYLA Treasurer:
2 Howe Village, Unit C
Spencer, MA 01562
Training for Club RYLA Chairs
The district RYLA Committee will provide training to prepare you and your club for RYLA. ALL Club RYLA Chairs are requested to attend this training. If your club does not have a RYLA Chair, the club’s Youth Chair or Club President should attend.
Register for the session at www.rotary7910.org
Sat, Feb. 11, 2017, 9–10am
Action Unlimited, Concord
Mon, Feb. 13, 2017, 7–8pm
Doubletree Hotel, Leominster
Student Registration and Forms Deadline
AFTER students submit their registration data using the online registration form, they will get a printed copy, which the student and parents must sign. Sponsoring Rotary Clubs must collect, review and forward the signed paperwork to the RYLA Registrar no later than April 15.
Mail paperwork to the RYLA Registrar:
192 Bridle Cross Road
Fitchburg, MA 01420